Monday, September 5, 2011

Eating Well

In between cutting and blanching the frites on Saturday at Bernard's place, I was flipping his stack of culinary magazines and found this rather interesting quote.

"Show me another pleasure like dinner which comes every day and lasts an hour."
- Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord, 19th century French diplomat

Indeed, food does provide some of the most frequent satisfying sensations we experience, on a daily basis. Unfortunately, to many it seems like a necessity that should be taken care of as quickly and as cheaply as possible, to be treated a nuisance and abused like an unwanted child.

Ultimately, however, you are what you eat and you only live once. Give some priority to the one activity that sustains you and keeps you going. Get some variety, take your time and eat good healthy food that you deserve. Your body will thank you for it.


2 comments:

  1. A French lover? (I would think at least it would rival dinner!)

    LOL!

    Ah! I think the French and Chinese do really know how to enjoy food! But I must give the French their due - they also know how to enjoy life!

    Au revoir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, gotta give it to the French. In fact, the more I study about French cooking, the more I understand Chinese cooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete