Too much to write, too little time. Let's just get on with the recipe and you tell me how it turns out ok?
1kg chicken chopped into 6 pieces (legs, thighs, wings+breast)
2 small onions diced
6 cloves garlic sliced
4 stalks celery chopped into 1/2 inch lengths
6-8 small carrots sliced
1 parsnip chopped into bite size cubes
1 liter chicken stock
1/2 cup of white wine
1Tbsp sea salt
1Tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp parika/pimenton
1 tsp black pepper powder
(optional) smoked sausages, cooked and cut into inch lengths
1. In a large pot, heat some canola oil and sautee the chopped onions over medium heat until browned (not burnt!) - around 15-20 mins at least.
2. Add the chicken pieces and cover with the vegetables, add stock and water to cover everything by at least 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat and let boil for 1 minute. Remove any scum that rises to the surface.
3. Lower heat to a simmer and add all the salt, spices and aromatics and stir them into the soup.
4. Cook for at least 2 hours - topping up the water when necessary.
5. Remove chicken from soup after 2 hours and separate meat from bones. Tear the meat into strips. You may retain the bones to make stock or throw them out.
6. While removing the chicken meat, add the wine to the soup and bring it to a boil for 1 minute to remove any alcohol and bring it back to a simmer.
7. Return meat to the soup and add sausages if you prefer.
8. Fill a bowl 1/4 full with rice then laddle soup on top and serve hot.